Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heading COG Mismatch (E125/ACU400/EV-1/P70/I70)
06-14-17, 09:12 AM
RE: Heading COG Mismatch (E125/ACU400/EV-1/P70/I70)
lwitty,

The heading behavior is very odd indeed. I would recommend the following:
1) Should the autopilot's heading be within 9.9 degrees of the actual heading, then it is recommended that the autopilot's heading be adjusted (MENU->SET-UP->AUTOPILOT CALIBRATION->COMMISSIONING->ALIGN COMPASS) via the autopilot control head to match the actual heading.
2) Rule out the possibility of any data looping from NMEA 0183 sources. Temporary cessation of communications between the MFD and NMEA 0183 devices may be achieved by simply configuring the MFD's NMEA 0183 communications port(s) BAUD rate to not match that of the interfaced NMEA 0183 device(s). For example, should the MFD be interfaced to an NMEA 0183 AIS receiver/transceiver, then temporarily change the BAUD rate of the MFD's port from 38400 to 4800 (AIS data communications is performed via NMEA 0183 High Speed (i.e. 38400 BAUD)).
3) Switch the entire marine electronics system OFF, and then ON again.
4) Test the system
5) Should the problem persist when operated under the conditions specified in item 2), then it would be recommended that the MFD's software be reset (HOME->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->SYSTEM SETTINGS RESET), that the system then be manually reconfigured, and that the system then be tested again under the conditions specified in item 2).

Regarding the depth issue associated with the DST800, should the problem have manifested itself with the boat being stationary and the depth of the water be at least 3' beneath the transducer, then it may indicate fault with the transducer's installation, the iTC-5, or the transducer itself. do you have any photos taken from outside of the hull showing transducer's installation location in relation to the vessel's keel?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Heading COG Mismatch (E125/ACU400/EV-1/P70/I70) - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-14-17 09:12 AM