Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom 7 question
06-11-17, 11:27 AM
Axiom 7 question
I just purchased an Axiom 7DV with transom transducer CPT-100DVS. Not installed yet. Right out of the box I notice "Note: The transducer is not suitable for mounting on vessels where the transom is aft of the propeller". My boat is a sailboat with inboard engine, the transom is aft of everything. I contacted West Marine, where I purchased the unit, and they said the transducer should work fine if installed in-hull. Will this work? What is the down side? Will it work on the my transom? If this one won't work, is there a designed for in-hull transducer that will work with the Axiom? What is the down side of that? I am impressed with the Axiom and I want to make it work, but if there is no reasonable solution, I must return it to WM. Pulling the boat out of water is not an option.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-17, 02:48 PM
RE: Axiom 7 question
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum admorton3,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Transom mounted transducers are not designed for installation onboard sailing vessels as the propeller may cause an aerated flow of water to across the face of the transducer. Instead, Raymarine offers compatible thru-hull DownVision and CPT transducers for use with the Axiom DV MFDs, ax8 MFDs, eSx8 MFDs, and CP100 CHIRP/DownVision Sounder Module. The CPT-110 and CPT-120 will support both the MFD's CHIRP (conical) fishfinder sonar and DownVision fishfinder sonar features, while the CPT-S transducers will support the MFD's CHIRP (conical) fishfinder sonar features.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply