Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] RealVision 3Dâ„¢ Sonar black box
02-25-18, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-18 12:48 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] RealVision 3Dâ„¢ Sonar black box
At the boat show last weekend, I spoke with a Raymarine rep about RealVision 3D and the Axiom Pro RVX. Since I have 2 e165 units on my Boston Whaler, he suggested that I either add a standalone Axiom unit or wait for the new Black Box coming out in June.

Given that the Axiom Pro RVX can not be networked to an e-Series unit and the e-Series unit can't be upgraded to Lighthouse 3, will my e165 be able to connect and use the new RealVision 3DBlack Box coming out if I add the RV 220 transducers?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-18, 01:55 PM
RE: [CA] RealVision 3Dâ„¢ Sonar black box
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum tjdurocher,

Please note that Raymarine has not released information concerning the subject potential future product. Please click here more information concerning future products. That said, should any such product be introduced, then it would likely only be supported by MFDs running capable of running LigthtHouse 3 software. As indicated within the FAQ found here, of the MFDs capable of running LightHouse II software, only the eS-Series MFDs and gS-Series MFDs featured the processing power required to support LightHouse 3 software. This would make it unlikely that should Raymarine introduce a RealVision 3Dâ„¢ Sonar black box that it would be compatible with an e-Series MFD.

That said, a feature request has been logged to consider introduction of a RealVision 3Dâ„¢ Sonar black box and if possible, to support its use with a/c/e-Series MFDs.

At this time, the best opportunity for adding RealVision 3Dâ„¢ Sonar capabilities onboard would be to install a stand-alone Axiom RV MFD or Axiom Pro RVX MFD w/RealVision 3Dâ„¢ Transducer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply