Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue vertical lines on dragonfly 5 pro
06-14-17, 01:19 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-17 02:06 PM by Markemiller.)
Blue vertical lines on dragonfly 5 pro
I have an issue with blue verticals lines on my sonar display. Not the downscan but just the fish finder display. It makes it impossible to see any fish marked. I'm not sure what is causing it and need some help figuring it out. I didn't take a photo of them unfortunately but I should be heading out this weekend and should be able to take one then. I have the screen set to black and still get a mostly blue screen because of them. Presently the fish finder side is unusable as is and I really want to get this figured out.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-15-17, 08:18 AM
RE: Blue vertical lines on dragonfly 5 pro
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mark,

We're sorry to learn of the reported issue. As you have suggested a photo (or better yet use the display's screen capture feature) may be very helpful in better understanding the problem.
06-18-17, 10:42 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-17 02:24 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Here is a screen shot from my iPad running the wi-fish app. The main display shows the same thing. I'm using an iPad Pro if that makes a difference in how this all works.
06-19-17, 03:41 PM (This post was last modified: 06-20-17 08:04 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Mark,

The reported marks may be resulting from electronic noise. It is recommended that the problem be duplicated when next out on the water. At that time, it is then recommended that the engine and all other electronics switched OFF to determine whether the problem persists. If so, then it would be recommended that the display be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. Should the reported streaking go away, then it is recommended that the transducer's cable routing be examined to ensure that it has not been routed with other cables.
06-20-17, 12:53 AM (This post was last modified: 06-20-17 08:03 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks I will try that. The wierd thing is when I first fired it up this weekend it seemed alright. Then it got progressively worse.