Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autopilot control from e95
06-15-17, 10:34 AM
Autopilot control from e95
I have an EV-1 wheel pilot and e95 chart plotter on a Seatalk ng network.
1. When I engage a Go To and set the autopilot, the autopilot control appears on the e95 as a bar at the bottom. Is there a way to have that there all the time so you can activate the pilot when needed to continue in the current direction?
2. Can I have the autopilot control appear on the e95 such that I can use the e95 to auto-tack the boat instead of using the P70?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-15-17, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 06-15-17 01:00 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Autopilot control from e95
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum daknecht,

Q1. When I engage a Go To and set the autopilot, the autopilot control appears on the e95 as a bar at the bottom. Is there a way to have that there all the time so you can activate the pilot when needed to continue in the current direction?
A1. Yes. The command sequence HOME->SET-UP->SYSTEM SETTINGS->EXTERNAL DEVICES->PILOT SET-UP will display the Pilot Setup dialog. Configuring the Pilot Bar configuration setting to ON will display the Pilot Bar at the bottom of the visible screen after commanding a Go To or Follow Route operation will cause the Pilot Bar to be displayed until the operator commands the autopilot into Standby mode. Similarly, should the operator command the Pilot Controls to be shown when viewing the Chart application (MENU->NAVIGATE->PILOT CONTROLS) and then command the autopilot into Auto or Track mode, then the Pilot Bar will once again be displayed at the bottom of the visible screen until the operator commands the autopilot into Standby mode.

A2. Can I have the autopilot control appear on the e95 such that I can use the e95 to auto-tack the boat instead of using the P70?
A2. The MFD Autopilot Controls feature does not support the tacking functions of an autopilot control head.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply