Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quantum radar a98 MFD can no longer connect
06-16-17, 03:53 AM
Quantum radar a98 MFD can no longer connect
I have a Quantum radar and would like to connect it to my a98 MFD.

Connected both the power and data cables to the radar, followed instruction manual, but was unable to connect.

Updated MFD software to latest version (19.03) and was able to connect. Success!

Returned the following day to attempt to connect my radar via wifi. Entered the correct SSID and password, but MFD could not find radar. Decided that the wifi connection wasn't absolutely necessary, so reconnected data cable and tried to power on radar. Radar "not connected/off". I then reset my system settings and actually reloaded the MFD update (19.03), but to no avail.

Two questions:
1) How can I reliably connect my Quantum radar to my a98 MFD using the data cable?
2) How can I reliably connect my Quantum radar to my a98 MFD using wifi?

Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-17, 11:06 AM (This post was last modified: 06-23-17 11:07 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Quantum radar a98 MFD can no longer connect
kevkal,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Should the Quantum radome detect that it has been physically connected to MFD via a data cable, then it will not be possible to establish Wi-Fi pairing between the MFD and the Quantum radome. If changing between a Wi-Fi connection to the Quantum radome and data cable connection, the circuit supplying power to the Quantum radome must be switched OFF and then ON again. Quantum radomes must be paired to a MFD within 10 minutes of switching ON the power circuit supplying power to the Quantum radome. Should this limit be exceeded, then the circuit supplying power to the Quantum radome must be switched OFF and then ON again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply