Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vector line ?
06-21-17, 08:36 AM (This post was last modified: 06-22-17 10:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Vector line ?
I have a stand alone Raymarine Axiom 9 MFD / E70367-03-NAG

I'm having a issue with a purple line shooting off in to the distance from the boat icon (see attachment).

I have updated software and can't seem to keep this line from appearing. The unit has been set to factory default several times. If I delete the current track, it goes away. Once start a new track the line is not there. It is only when I turn off the unit and turn it back on that this line will appear. I'm sure there is a setting somewhere in this unit that needs to be changed but can't find it.

Thanks for any assistance !

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-17, 10:39 AM (This post was last modified: 06-22-17 10:40 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Vector line ?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum bleiva,

The purple line shown within your screen snapshot appears to be a tide vector. This line may appear to be very long and lacking the velocity information shown below if the system lacks ALL of the data items necessary to calculate the tide vector (SOG, COG, heading, and speed through water) or the accuracy of the data items supplied by the corresponding transducer is grossly in error.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1094]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1095]

Vectors may be configured ON/OFF via the context menu shown below and documented in section 7.1 Chart application Overview of the LightHouse 3 Advanced Operation Instructions..

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1096]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply