Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eS128 Control Backlighting
06-27-17, 10:36 AM
eS128 Control Backlighting
Hello,

On my new eS127/eS128 installation the red control backlighting on the eS127 is plenty visible at night, however on the neighboring eS128 it's very dim/faint and hardly visible at all. I have both units setup to sync brightness, and that is functioning properly. How can I increase the red backlighting on the eS128?

Thanks,
Ryan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-27-17, 12:42 PM
RE: eS128 Control Backlighting
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Ryan,

Unlike prior generations of Raymarine MFDs, which had featured by brightness and day/night color palette configuration settings, the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs exclusively feature brightness configuration setting which may be shared (Shared Brightness feature) among the system's MFDs, i50/i60/i70 instruments, and p70/p70R autopilot control heads. Raymarine's a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs also feature a Color Theme (HOME->CUSTOMIZE->DISPLAY PREFERENCES->COLOR THEME) configuration setting which controls whether menus will be displayed with a dark background or light background. Some variation of the relative brightness of MFDs of the same family and size (ex. 9" a-Series MFDs) would be considered normal. However should MFDs be set to the same Shared Brightness group and should the MFDs be configured with the same Color Theme, and should the difference in appearance when running the same application (Chart, Radar, Sonar, Marine Weather, etc.) then the variation in brightness be considerable, then it may be indicative of a problem with the MFD's backlighting circuit. You may want to consider attaching a photo of the two MFDs side by side to this thread ... or send the MFD having the problematic backlighting to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
06-27-17, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. Just to be clear, the brightness of the actual screens given any particular application between the eS127 and the eS128 is fine. It's the red illumination to the right of the display behind the control buttons/knob that is far diminished on the eS128. I'll try to get a good pic when I'm back at the boat in the next couple of days but even in darkness I can tell you the red illumination is very hard to see.
06-28-17, 08:48 AM
Ryan,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Should the keypad illumination of one of the MFDs not appear to be correct (as bright as it should be), then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.