Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sailboat upgrade path
06-29-17, 04:47 PM
RE: sailboat upgrade path
Chuck

Q5. As I understand it, and I maybe wrong. wireless radar, and wind will go to the axiom and the i70s?
A5. With respect to Wi-Fi integration between Axiom MFDs and other marine electronic devices, the Wi-Fi communications interface of the Axiom MFDs is exclusively designed to support Wi-Fi communications between the MFD and a Quantum radome. The TackTick transducers are designed to communicate with a TackTick Wireless display, which in turn will be used to calibrate data associated with the transducer. The Micro-Talk Gateway simply bridges data from the TackTick system to the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to permit compatible devices (ex. Axiom MFD, i70S, Evolution autopilot, etc.) to repeat and use data from the TackTick system.

So the axiom will receive signal from the quantum radome wirelessly but not the mast head wireless wind?

Sounds like I would be better off getting the itc5 and the wired wind/direction sensor?

Once the Axiom has the data from the radar it's on the seatalkng network then?

Will I be able to see the radar and other information on a tablet device?

Sorry so many questions just want to get it right the first time, The guys at the marina store aren't much help....

thanks again Bob
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
sailboat upgrade path - snokid - 06-27-17, 07:36 PM
RE: sailboat upgrade path - snokid - 06-28-17, 04:16 PM
RE: sailboat upgrade path - snokid - 06-29-17 04:47 PM
RE: sailboat upgrade path - snokid - 07-01-17, 10:39 AM
RE: sailboat upgrade path - snokid - 09-22-17, 09:30 PM