Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sailboat upgrade path
06-30-17, 07:50 AM
RE: sailboat upgrade path
Bob,

Q1. So the axiom will receive signal from the quantum radome wirelessly but not the mast head wireless wind?
A1. Correct ... the Axiom MFD and i70S are both not designed to process wireless signal from an wireless wind transducer.

Q2. Sounds like I would be better off getting the itc5 and the wired wind/direction sensor?
A2. The choice is subjective. If seeking to eliminate potential cable problems, then the previously specified TackTick solution including the Micro-Talk Gateway would be recommended. If not, then use of an iTC-5 with wired analog instrument transducers and an i70S would be recommended.

Q3. Once the Axiom has the data from the radar it's on the seatalkng network then?
A3. Negative. Radar imagery is not transmitted to other compatible MFDs via SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications. Instead radar imagery is communicated to other compatible MFD via wired Ethernet communications. When Raymarine introduces mobile apps for MFDs running the LightHouse 3 operating system, then radar imagery will be available to mobile devices as well. Should these mobile apps repeat the screen of MFDs running LightHouse 3 software as they presently do for MFDs running LightHouse II software, then all data (except for camera video) would be repeated to the screen of the mobile device which will be connect to the MFD running LightHouse 3 software.

Q4. Will I be able to see the radar and other information on a tablet device?
A4. See the response to Q3.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
sailboat upgrade path - snokid - 06-27-17, 07:36 PM
RE: sailboat upgrade path - snokid - 06-28-17, 04:16 PM
RE: sailboat upgrade path - snokid - 06-29-17, 04:47 PM
RE: sailboat upgrade path - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-30-17 07:50 AM
RE: sailboat upgrade path - snokid - 07-01-17, 10:39 AM
RE: sailboat upgrade path - snokid - 09-22-17, 09:30 PM