Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Command Link interface
06-28-17, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 06-28-17 03:04 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Command Link interface
I have a set of 2007 F250 Yamaha outboards with Command Link, and I'd like to have the data available to be reported on my AXIOM MFD. I have a Yamaha Bus bar under the helm, and I have a H-5 network switch and a NMEA backbone that both work flawlessly with all my Garmin GPS, Raymarine transducer and radar, and Rockford Fosgate stereo integration.

I'm having a tough time figuring out exactly what I need to link my Command Link to the MFD. Some online resources say there's a cable from the Yamaha bus to the NMEA backbone, some say there's an additional piece of hardware required in between the Yamaha bus and the NMEA backbone, some say there's an E-100 required, but it's difficult to tell whether these are appropriate for my current situation with Axiom, the H-5, and the functional NMEA backbone.

Can you tell me what I need to purchase in order to get my engine data onto the MFD?

Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-17, 03:14 PM
RE: Command Link interface
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Angler Management,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As you have suggested an engine gateway must be installed between the engine system (Command Link) backbone and the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to which the Axiom MFD has been interfaced. Raymarine recommends that the ECI-100 Engine Gateway be used for this purpose. More information about interfacing the ECI-100 Engine Gateway with Yamaha engines may be found here. As indicated within the referenced information a Raymarine Yamaha Link Cable (E70242) will be used to interface the Command Link system to the ECI-100.
06-28-17, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the speedy response pointing me in the right direction.

To summarize, there may be a few different gateway options, but the way Raymarine recommends is to purchase the ECI-100 Engine Gateway and the Raymarine Yamaha Link Cable (E70242)
06-29-17, 08:24 AM
Correct.
07-18-17, 12:43 AM
The ECI-100 comes with a small drop cable that does not fit with anything I have on my MFD, H-5 switch nor my NMEA backbone.

After more research, I'm thinking I can buy this adapter to connect the ECI directly to my NMEA backbone for communication to MFD.... A06046 SeatalkNG to Devicenet male.

So it flows from engine to Yamaha Bus, Bus via Yamaha cable E70242 to NMEA port on ECI-100, then separate adapter from ECI-100 SeatalkNG output to my NMEA backbone via A06046 adapter?

Just confused as to why the ECI drop cable came without a NMEA adapter, since the input to my mfd is either NMEA or H-5 switch.

Please confirm I need this adapter cable? Or do I need something else? Thanks again.
07-18-17, 08:04 AM
Angler Management,

Q1: I'm thinking I can buy this adapter to connect the ECI directly to my NMEA backbone for communication to MFD.... A06046 SeatalkNG to Devicenet male.
A1. The supplied cable is a SeaTalkng Spur Cable which would have SeaTalkng spur plugs on each end. Most Raymarine products feature a SeaTalkng socket or plug rather than a DeviceNet socket or plug. Accordingly, the ECI-100 is packaged with a SeaTalkng spur cable. Should your vessel's currently installed NMEA 2000 backbone have been constructed from NMEA 2000 networking components featuring DeviceNet sockets, then the optional cable which you have identified may indeed be used to interface the ECI-100 to an available female spur socket within the currently installed backbone.
07-18-17, 10:12 AM
OK, I'll get it ordered.

I was confused since the MFD has a NMEA 2000 port which was pretty simple to add to my existing backbone with a generic NMEA drop cable. But I understand it would ship with the SeaTalkng cable without adapter. Might be a good thing to add to the kit.

Standby for reviews on the new integration!
07-18-17, 10:37 AM
You're welcome.
08-10-17, 11:08 AM
I'm in the same situation as you ... what did you end up doing?
Thanks
08-14-17, 01:30 PM
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum steaua1986,

Please see my initial response to AnglerManagement within this thread addressing how the MFD would be interfaced to the Yamaha Command Link backbone.