Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Navigation data screen help
07-04-17, 07:48 AM
Navigation data screen help
Once a dock to dock route is programmed in I'd like to use the data screen to steer. Any info on the icons that are on the screen? I can't find a legend. Or at least advise what the small boat icon on the right side of the screen function is

Thanks

A68
Cruising the Chesapeake Bay
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-17, 12:39 PM
RE: Navigation data screen help
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mike,

After commanding navigation from the MFD's Chart application (i.e. Go To a Waypoint / Cursor Position or to Follow a Route), should the data applications' Rolling Road data panel/data item be displayed, it will display
- a corridor with a course line leading toward the location (waypoint or cursor position) being navigated to, a
- corridor boundaries of an indicated width to port and starboard of the course line. Corridor boundary distances will be specified on the bottom left and bottom right.
- a vessel icon positioned near the bottom of the screen ... the relative position of the vessel with respect to the course line will be indicated by the vessel icon's position within the rolling road
- cross track error (XTE) will be indicated at the bottom center
- the name of the waypoint being navigated to or Go To Cursor will be specified below the XTE value specified
- steering direction to port (red arrow) or to starboard (green arrow) will be indicated should the vessel's position be located to the port or starboard side of the course line. Steering direction will also be specified beneath the name of the waypoint being navigated to or Go To Cursor.
07-10-17, 06:23 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-17 10:45 AM by Dave - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Ok thank you for the info

Going back to the dock to dock chart screen is there a way to have the tracking line wider/thicker to see? Also, in my prior gps if I was off course I dotted line would form on the chart to guide back on course. Does the A68 have this capability?

Thanks again for any info

Mike
07-14-17, 07:30 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-17 07:30 AM by Dave - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hello mike cip,

At the time of this port, neither of those features are available within the Lighthouse operating system. However, if you setup a dual page with chart and data(having the navigation portion open), you can see your course and the angle at which you have veered off. Also, the display will warn(prompt) you that your position is off course.

- Dave
07-14-17, 08:14 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-17 01:33 PM by Dave - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I'm k great I will try the duel screen this weekend

Thanks

A68
Cruising the Chesapeake Bay