Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RL70C not communicating with RC631
06-28-16, 04:56 PM (This post was last modified: 06-29-16 12:06 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: RL70C not communicating with RC631
Ok I'm back.

Here is what I did, I hooked up the ST6001 within 2 feet of the power source feeding the STNG converter. No difference still the same issue on battery power.

However, I tend to agree that the batteries may have reached their useful life and was part of the problem. As i said the ST6001 worked when the engine was running at the dock. Taking the boat out and going to anchor it ran fine until I operated the windlass and then got a sea talk fail immediately.

So i next replaced the batteries with brand new 405 amp hour bank. Leaving the ST6001 head close to the power source as indicated above. I still exhibited the same sea talk fail when operating on battery only.

Lastly, I switched out the ST6001 head with a new P70 head hooked up to the STNG network and it worked. (at least at the dock) I left it on all night on battery power and no seatalk fail. I have not sea trialed it yet but I am hoping I have it solved

Conclusion, I have been suspecting my batteries were old and worn out so replacing them was on the menu

Seems the ST6001 control head has reached it's useful life.

So thanks for the help and if I need anything further I''l be back
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: RL70C not communicating with RC631 - dkritter - 06-28-16 04:56 PM