Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIS 650 and the ProAIS2 software
07-14-17, 05:04 PM
AIS 650 and the ProAIS2 software
Newly installed 650 showing green status, MFD (E120s) showing green AIS barb in data box. Downloaded the latest 650 software to install. Connected via USB to the AIS; booted ProAIS2 and my AIS was never found. After 2 hours of reconnecting; rebooting I gave up. Can anyone provide assistance?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-17, 11:15 AM
RE: AIS 650 and the ProAIS2 software
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Rick,

When interfacing the AIS650 to a computer and using the PROAIS2 software, the operator must first disconnect the AIS650 from all other devices and sources of power ... i.e. the AIS650 will be only be connected to a USB cable, which in turn will be connected to the PC. Please verify that you have done so and should the problem persist, then please respond accordingly. You may also want to consider trying another USB cable before responding

Regarding update the AIS650's software, it is recommended that the AIS650's software be updated via a SD memory card rather than via an interface to a PC. If updating the AIS650's software via a SD memory card and you experience an issue, then please respond accordingly.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply