Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raytheon Raydata depth tranducer
07-16-17, 07:53 PM
Raytheon Raydata depth tranducer
Is the depth tranducer from a Raytheon Raydata compatible with a ST60 Tridata head. I have an Raytheon Raydata on my boat, and the screen is starting to go out, so I plugged in a ST60 Tridata head, I get temp, but depth just shows three dashed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-17, 02:47 PM
RE: Raytheon Raydata depth tranducer
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Seacruz,

Q1. Is the depth transducer from a Raytheon Raydata compatible with a ST60 Tridata head.
A1. Yes.

Q2. I have an Raytheon Raydata on my boat, and the screen is starting to go out, so I plugged in a ST60 Tridata head, I get temp, but depth just shows three dashed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
A2. It is recommended that the depth transducer's leads be reconnected to the RayData depth transducer terminals and that it then be verified that the Raydata is reporting depth (note: the vessel must be in the water and the depth of the water beneath the transducer must be at least 3' when performing such testing). If so, then it would be recommended that the transducer be disconnected from the Raydata and instead that the transducer cable's leads then be connected to the Tridata's corresponding depth transducer terminals. Should the Tridata continue to report dashes for depth, then verify that it has been configured as a Depth data Master rather than a repeater. If so configured and the problem persists, then it would appear that the Tridata display has suffered a failure of its sonar processing circuitry and would need to be replaced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply