Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GyroPlus 2 / Smart Heading Sensor function with MARPA
07-15-17, 11:06 AM
GyroPlus 2 / Smart Heading Sensor function with MARPA
My electronics includes 2x E120 MFD, analog radar,RS 125 GPS, and GyroPlus 2 smart heading sensor.
I also have a N2000/SeaTalkNG network interfaced to the E120 for engine monitoring.

It also includes a B&G Network Pilot Autopilot which is about to be replaced with a Raymarine Evolution 150 autopilot with the EV Sensor Core.

My understanding is that the only function that the GyroPlus 2 provides is turn rate input required for MARPA.

When I install the Evo 150 system, is the GyroPlus 2 still required?

Will the Evo Sensor Core provide the same information to the E120 ( via the Seatalk NG interface) ?

thanks,
Mike
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-17, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-17 03:31 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: GyroPlus 2 / Smart Heading Sensor function with MARPA
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mike,

When the E-Series Classic MFD has been updated with the v5.69 software update and the Evolution autopilot components have been interfaced to the MFD via SeaTalkng, then the MFD w/GPS and radar inputs will be supplied with all remaining data required to support MARPA. Accordingly, the GyroPlus 2 / Smart Heading Sensor should be removed from the system when the Evolution autopilot is installed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply