Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ray60 not getting position data
07-24-17, 08:11 AM
RE: Ray60 not getting position data
Thanks Chuck. I ran the wraparound test. Sentences were only scrolling in Tx mode, not in Rx mode so I gather that means the port needs servicing.

1. I assume there is no other fix short of returning the unit to service the NMEA0183 port, correct?

2. If 1 is correct, I will likely look to upgrade my MFD in the off season instead of servicing the port, likely with the es97 or es127, whichever fits the space I have better. I think you previously indicated in my shopping list post that those units are compatible with an external transducer using transducer adapter E66066 so at least I would not have to replace my transducer or HD250DSM, both of which are more than adequate for my needs.

If I replace my MFD this off season, I will need to start building a Seatalk backbone. I have done before on my last boat so I have a basic understanding of the system. My further questions are:

3. Do my ST290 Speed/Depth, ST7001+ Auto Pilot and SL72 Radar have conversion cables so they can be integrated into a Seatalk network? Or are those units all going to need to be upgraded?

4. If they need to be upgraded, can I at least keep my SL72 Radar, which has its own dedicated screen, separate from the Seatalk system and upgrade it at a later time?

Thanks

Dave
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ray60 not getting position data - ddfour1 - 07-24-17 08:11 AM