Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bridging MFD's - CP100 and CP200 sonars
07-18-17, 11:39 PM
Bridging MFD's - CP100 and CP200 sonars
Hi,
I have a Raymarine suite set up on my Jeanneau Sun Odyssey. I bought the CP100 DownVision and CP200 SideVision systems to install. It looks like the sonar modules of each have a Raynet output which will plug in nicely to my pair of e95 MFD's, each of which has one available Raynet plug. If I plug in say the CP100 output into one e95 network input plug, and plug the CP200 output into the other e95 network input, will the data from both sonars be available on both MFD's? Or will one MFD show only the DownVision and the other will only show the SideVision?

I read somewhere that the MFD's will not bridge signals, but wondering if this qualifies as data-sharing so the MFD's will share all the data they receive.

Thanks,
'Dubs
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-17, 08:19 AM
RE: Bridging MFD's - CP100 and CP200 sonars
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum

Q1. If I plug the CP100 output into one e95 network input plug, and plug the CP200 output into the other e95 network input, will the data from both sonars be available on both MFD's?
A1. As long as you also interface the MFD's to one another via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable, then each MFD will have access to each sonar source.

Q2. I read somewhere that the MFD's will not bridge signals, but wondering if this qualifies as data-sharing so the MFD's will share all the data they receive.
A2. When interfaced to one another via Ethernet communications, the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs will share all data sources except for NTSC/PAL video sources.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply