Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom 12 random shortcut pop-ups
07-24-17, 06:09 PM
Axiom 12 random shortcut pop-ups
I just installed my new Axiom 12 MFD. Generally, it works great, and I'm quite happy with it. There is one bit of add behavior, though.

At random, it occasionally pops up the shortcuts. After a few seconds, it disappears again. This is with no one touching the display.

Is there some way to correct this? Or do I need to return the MFD?

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-17, 07:49 AM
RE: Axiom 12 random shortcut pop-ups
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Chesley,

To further clarify the problem, please take a photo of the MFD's screen when it is exhibiting this problem and then attach the photo a response to this thread. When the problem occurs, is the MFD's screen wet from exposure to rain or spray?
07-25-17, 10:43 AM
I will get a photo. But it looks just like when I bring up the shortcuts normally.

The display is not wet. It is, however, in full, bright/hot sunlight. And it does not have the extra grounding attached -- i.e., just the power supply ground.

I notice two other posts to the forum reporting the same issue recently. Any chance the latest software update introduced this behavior?
07-25-17, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-17 12:08 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
chesley ,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing product drain leads. Following receipt of similar posts, Raymarine has been investigating the subject problem. Raymarine has also introduced changes to the Axiom Power swipe firmware to be included within the v3.1.96 LightHouse III software update for Axiom MFDs. This modification may well address the reported issue. Should the MFD's software have been updated to v3.1.96 and the drain lead have been installed in the manner specified within the referenced FAQ, and should the problem persist, then please respond accordingly.
08-02-17, 11:44 AM
We used the Axiom extensively the last two days, with the new software update installed. The unexpected popping up of the shortcut display didn't happen at all. With fingers crossed, I'd say the update fixed it.
08-02-17, 12:09 PM
chesley,

Thanks for the feedback.
08-07-17, 12:17 PM
No uncommanded shortcut pop ups on the Axiom 9 either after about 16 hours of operations. Good s/w update. Thanks.