Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updating Axiom9 via microSD
07-25-17, 12:24 PM
Updating Axiom9 via microSD
Since updating over WiFi is not an option for me I have elected to update via microSD card.
As I understand the instructions, I am to extract the 3 files in the ISO to the microSD card, manifest.mdsum, manifest.xml, and raymarine_axiom_upgrade-3.0.60_LH3.0.3932.img .
When I insert the microSD card into the microSD port in back of the Axiom9, power it up and check for an update on the microSD card, I get a response that no upgrade file is found.
Is this the correct method, or should I just be copying the ISO to the microSD card ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-17, 12:59 PM
RE: Updating Axiom9 via microSD
Yogi,

Q1. As I understand the instructions, I am to extract the 3 files in the ISO to the microSD card, manifest.mdsum, manifest.xml, and raymarine_axiom_upgrade-3.0.60_LH3.0.3932.img .
A1. Negative. Per the Axiom MFD software update instructions web page, copy the downloaded ISO file to the Root of the Flash card (Root is the first level you access when selecting the Flash). Make sure the files are not in any folders on the card.

Q2. When I insert the microSD card into the microSD port in back of the Axiom9, power it up and check for an update on the microSD card, I get a response that no upgrade file is found.
A2. See the response to Q1 regarding how to populate the microSD memory card with the downloaded ISO file.
07-26-17, 12:48 PM
Jackpot ... that worked :)

Version issue though ... I have a second Axiom9 slaved to my original and it has a newer version on it than even the update.
Should I downgrade my second Axiom9 to match the recently upgraded first Axiom9 ?
07-26-17, 01:38 PM
Yogi,

Within a network of MFDs, each MFD should be maintained with the same version of software. Please additionally note, that Raymarine is within days of releasing the next software update for Axiom MFDs.
07-26-17, 01:44 PM
Copy that.
Systems functions now, so will update everything again after the new release.
Thanks for the head's up on that.
07-26-17, 02:31 PM
You're welcome.