Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Integrating st60+ wind to a STng environment
07-26-17, 11:47 AM
Integrating st60+ wind to a STng environment
Hello,
I'm updating the electronics on a sailboat from ST60+, it has installed three displays with its transducers, wind, speed and depth.
I will install an EV1 wheel autopilot kit with the p70, an I70s and a MDF a65. Also I have an ITC-5 and a St to STng converter.
I would like to keep the analog wind display, I need to know the best way to integrate it, to use the wind information on the STng and also to be able to have the VMG displayed on it.
May be it is not a good idea.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-17, 02:29 PM
RE: Integrating st60+ wind to a STng environment
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum kechikan,

As you may know, Raymarine offers the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter kit to support interfacing products having a SeaTalk communications interface (ex. your ST60 Wind Instrument, etc.) to a SeaTalkng backbone. This product should not be confused with a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Spur Cable which is designed to support interfacing an i70/i70i MFID, p70/p70S, or p70/p70R to a SeaTalk bus instead of interfacing these products to a SeaTalkng backbone. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to interface products having a SeaTalk interface to SeaTalkng.
07-26-17, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-17 09:25 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I do have one converter kit.
Can I connect the wind transducer to the ITC-5, and on the other end, using the kit, connected the ST60+ wind display to the STng backbone, be able to have the wind readings?
If the way is to keep the transducer connected directly to the display, and use the kit to connect it to the Stng backbone.
Will I have the speed readings on the ST60+?
Will the wind information be available for the auto pilot?
07-27-17, 09:23 AM (This post was last modified: 07-27-17 09:25 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
kechikan,

Q1. Can I connect the wind transducer to the ITC-5, and on the other end, using the kit, connected the ST60+ wind display to the STng backbone, be able to have the wind readings?
A1. Should the system include an i70/i70S MFID and should it be interfaced as a spur to the SeaTalkng backbone, then the i70/i70S MFID will be used to calibrate the wind transducer. Should the ST60+ Wind Instrument Display then be interfaced to the SeaTalk socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter and shoudl the ST60+ Wind Instrument be configured as a repeater, then it will repeat wind data.

Q2. If the way is to keep the transducer connected directly to the display, and use the kit to connect it to the Stng backbone.
A2. See the response to Q1.

A3. Will I have the speed readings on the ST60+?
A3. If you are referring to wind speed data, then the answer would be yes.

Q4. Will the wind information be available for the auto pilot?
A4. If interfaced in the manner specified within the response to Q1, then the autopilot will indeed have access to wind data.
07-27-17, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-17 12:47 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you.
07-28-17, 12:46 PM
You're welcome.