Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Bennett NMEA1 (N2K) trim tabs & the AXIOM 9rv
10-01-18, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-18 08:28 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Bennett NMEA1 (N2K) trim tabs & the AXIOM 9rv
I've finally had an opportunity to install the Bennett N2k kit with my Axiom 9RV.
I'm seeing "Unknown N2k device" under product info of the Axiom. The radio interface (PMX-CAN), and Mercury engine Gateway worked flawlessly as soon as I plugged them in and powered everything up.

I tried updating the Axiom's software this weekend to the current version (Gave me UAV control!) but that has had no effect.

I reached out to Bennett and this is their response-
"contact Raymarine’s Client Service Department to verify that their head unit is able to SEE the NMEA 2000 trim tab indication signal, DISPLAY the NMEA 2000 trim tab indication signal and CALIBRATE the NMEA 2000 trim tab indication signal. All of these functions are on the software side of the application, so the head unit must have the programming installed for it to perform the operation"

We already established last year that the Axiom is unable to calibrate the data, and I'm OK with that. General position of up or down is acceptable to me at this point. I've found the screen on the Axiom that displays the trim tab indications for port and starboard, so that's there. Why is this not showing up as a 'known' N2k device?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Bennett NMEA1 (N2K) trim tabs & the AXIOM 9rv - DSMINVA - 10-01-18 01:25 PM