Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DI and SI
07-26-17, 07:02 PM
DI and SI
From the RayMaraine website:

CHIRP SideVision® and DownVision™ Together

Combine the CP200 with CHIRP DownVisionâ„¢ for the ultimate in sonar intelligence, giving you a full 180 degree view of your underwater surroundings.

Add CHIRP DownVisionâ„¢ to your network with a CP100 DownVision Sonar or an aSeries multifunction display (DownVisionâ„¢ models only)

How is this achieved...............through a combination of units/transducer or two separate independent units with individual transducers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-17, 01:46 PM
RE: DI and SI
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum tmb0557121,

Q. How is this achieved...............through a combination of units/transducer or two separate independent units with individual transducers.
A. Do you presently own an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD or Axiom MFD? If so, then please specify the model(s) of MFD(s) owned.
07-27-17, 06:18 PM
I presently do not own a Ray Marine system.

Looking to purchase a new 18' boat (inland lakes/rivers) and use a DI and SI system. Like the Ray Marine products but do not understand the best set up for using a DI/SI
system for my general use.

Thanks
07-28-17, 12:57 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-17 12:58 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
tmb0557121,

I believe that the reference to "CHIRP SideVision® and DownVision™ Together" is part of the advertising for the Axiom RV MFDs and Axiom Pro RVX MFDs. Whereas the prior generation of MFDs featuring internal CHIRP (conical) / DownVision sonar circuitry (i.e. the ax8 MFDs and eSx8 MFDs) could additionally support SideVision imaging by interfacing the MFD to a CP200 SideVision Sonar Module & CPT-200 SideVision Transducer, the Axiom RV MFDs and Axiom Pro RVX MFDs need simply be interfaced to a RealVision 3D™ transducer. You may want to consider the Axiom 7 RV MFD with .RealVision 3D™ transducer for your application.