Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Depth Information on a MFD a65
07-28-17, 03:28 PM
Depth Information on a MFD a65
Hello, I currently have a P319 connected directly to a ST60+ depth display.
I want to remove the ST60+ display, connect the transducer to a ITC-5, and through a STng backbone get the data on a I70s and a MFD a65.
I would like to know if the sonar application on the a65 will work with this setup.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-28-17, 03:35 PM
RE: Depth Information on a MFD a65
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum kechikan,

While interfacing the instrument depth transducer to the system will support having the system's compatible devices support displaying depth, doing so will not support a MFD's Fishfinder application. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how fishfinder features may be added to an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD.
07-28-17, 06:12 PM
Thank you.
I have installed a P319, which works with the ST60+, through the hull, on a way I don't want to remove to upgrade.
Is there a way to use it in combination with some module to work together as sonar with the a65 MDF or any other of the newer MFD?
Supposing it si possible to adapt a connector. Would be posible to connect that transducer to a ax7 MDF?
07-31-17, 07:54 AM
kechikan,

Per my initial response, it is not possible to use an instrument transducer to support an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD's fishfinder features. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As indicated within my initial response, interfacing the instrument depth transducer to the system will support having the system's compatible devices (including the a65 MFD) support displaying depth as a numerical value within the MFD's Databar, Databoxes, and Data application. Interfacing the P319 transducer to the iTC-5 in a backbone featuring an i70 MFID and a65 MFD, will permit both the i70 MFID and a65 MFD to have access to numerical depth data.
07-31-17, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-17 07:43 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you