Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
net working I40 and I50 Depth Instruments
07-29-17, 11:35 AM
net working I40 and I50 Depth Instruments
My old depth sounders finally gave up the ghost and I would like to install an I-50 in my pilot house and an I-40 on the flybridge. Is it possible to use one transducer connected to the I-50 and connect the I-40 as a repeater?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-17, 10:36 AM
RE: net working I40 and I50 Depth Instruments
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum freedom48,

It is indeed possible to do as you have suggested. Should the i50 Instrument not be interfaced to a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to which other products have been interfaced, then the i50 instrument and i40 instrument would simply be interfaced to one another via an assembly constructed from a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Adapter Cable, D244 SeaTalk Junction Block, and an appropriate length of SeaTalk Cable having press-fit 3-Pin (F) plugs on each end of the cable. Should the i50 Instrument instead be interfaced to a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to which other products have been interfaced, then a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter would need to be installed within the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. The i40 instrument would then be interfaced to the SeaTalk socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter via the supplied SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply