Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ST2000+ / A50 Chartplotter Connection
07-30-17, 12:41 AM
ST2000+ / A50 Chartplotter Connection
I am trying to get my ST2000+ to talk to my Raymarine A50 chartplotter via a sea talk ng connection in conjunction with my ST60+ tri data. I have the ST2000+ seatalk cable hooked into the ST60+ then I have the converter cable to hook the ST60+ into my seatalk ng network which the A50 is plugged into.

So a few items:

I get all the info from the ST60+ tri data to show up on my A50.

I get SOG data from the A50 on the ST60+

When I run the Tiller pilot I get the red heading vector from the tiller pilot to show up on th A50 (I can spin the tiller pilot on its mount and the red vector line changes) therefore there is a connection.

What I can't get is the tiller pilot to show up on the screen as connected (the pilot symbol on the A50 screen has a line through it). I also am unable to steer to a waypoint with the tillerpilot since when I hit the -10 and +10 button while in Auto mode it just beeps and nothing happens.

Any help would be appreciated!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-17, 09:55 AM (This post was last modified: 07-31-17 09:55 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: ST2000+ / A50 Chartplotter Connection
miacuelli,

For clarification purposes and to benefit others who may be viewing this thread, a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Adapter Cable would not be used for the stated purpose of bridging data from a SeaTalk bus to a SeaTalkng backbone. The SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Adapter Cable is simply designed to permit an i50/i60/i70/i70s Instrument or p70/p70R/p70S/p70RS Autopilot Control Head to be installed in place of a SeaTalk instrument or autopilot control head or to add one of these items to an existing SeaTalk bus. Instead, a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit would be used for such data bridging purposes. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q1. What I can't get is the tiller pilot to show up on the screen as connected (the pilot symbol on the A50 screen has a line through it).
A1. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q2. I also am unable to steer to a waypoint with the tillerpilot since when I hit the -10 and +10 button while in Auto mode it just beeps and nothing happens.
A2. Please verify that the MFD has been interfaced to the autopilot has has been specified within the referenced FAQ. Particular care should be taken to ensure that the SeaTalk bus is not being powered by the SeaTalk power terminal red) of the ST2000+. Additionally, the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter and A50 must each be updated with the latest available Raymarine product software updates. Finally, the MFD must be commanded to to navigate (i.e. GoTo Cursor/Waypoint or Follow Route) before commanding the autopilot into Track mode.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply