The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIS (and other data) to computer via USB
08-05-17, 01:28 PM
AIS (and other data) to computer via USB
I have just installed an AIS 650 transceiver, and all seems to be working correctly on my eS98 display.

I also have a secondary navigation system on a computer (Open CPN) that also seems to be functioning properly, but I would like to simplify the wiring.

CURRENT CONFIGURATION
=================
Shipmodul Miniplex-lite USB connection to the computer. The Miniplex receives data as follows:

AIS Data . . . the 38400 baud pair on the AIS650 power cable is connected directly to the 38400 baud connectors on the Miniplex.

Other Data . . . NMEA 4800 connection on the Miniplex from a Raymarine E85001 PC/SeaTalk/NMEA Interface connected to SeaTalk1. The Interface box has Seatalk1 connected to the spare SeaTalk1 connection on our Smartpilot. The Smartpilot is connected to a "SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkng converter kit".

PROPOSED CONFIGURATION
==================
I'd like to remove the Miniplex and the PC/SeaTalk/NMEA Interface. The replacement would be an Actisense SeaTalkng to USB converter connected to the NG backbone and computer.

My question . . . will this do the same job as my current configuration.

Thanks in advance.

Robert
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
AIS (and other data) to computer via USB - robert@rlarson.com - 08-05-17 01:28 PM