Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fluxgate M81190 connection to S1 computer
03-11-16, 08:21 AM
Fluxgate M81190 connection to S1 computer
I am trying to replace the fluxgate compass on my boat. I have the S1 computer and I just purchased a used M81190 fluxgate compass. The old connector coming from the S1 has several wires, meanwhile the M81190 only has 4. Photos attached. Help? Thank you!!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-16, 09:52 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-16 11:08 AM by Steve - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Fluxgate M81190 connection to S1 computer
I don't recognize the white connector pictured, the S1 course computer has single wire terminal strip connections. The M81190 fluxgate compass has a five wire connection to the S1 course computer. One if the wires is a shield wire (Bare) that might have been cut back into the jacket if the cable was shorten. The wires colors are Red, Green, Yellow, Blue and Shield (Bare).
03-14-16, 02:29 PM
(03-11-16 09:52 AM)Steve - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  I don't recognize the white connector pictured, the S1 course computer has single wire terminal strip connections. The M81190 fluxgate compass has a five wire connection to the S1 course computer. One if the wires is a shield wire (Bare) that might have been cut back into the jacket if the cable was shorten. The wires colors are Red, Green, Yellow, Blue and Shield (Bare).

Thanks for the response Steve. I don't have the previous compass. Perhaps it was not Raymarine. Assuming I can trace the wires on that connector and possibly utilize them for the M81190.... how do the red, green, yellow, blue and shield connect to the S1?
03-14-16, 02:32 PM
(03-11-16 09:52 AM)Steve - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  I don't recognize the white connector pictured, the S1 course computer has single wire terminal strip connections. The M81190 fluxgate compass has a five wire connection to the S1 course computer. One if the wires is a shield wire (Bare) that might have been cut back into the jacket if the cable was shorten. The wires colors are Red, Green, Yellow, Blue and Shield (Bare).

Thanks Steve. I don't have the previous fluxgate, but perhaps it was not Raymarine. Anyhow, going with the 5 wire colors on my M81190, where do they connect to on the S1? I know there is a section dedicated to the fluxgate. Are they labeled to match those colors??

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-15-16, 08:27 AM
Yes, the compass will go to the fluxgate port on the terminal strip of the S1 course computer and it is color coded.