Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragonfly 7 pro
08-09-17, 09:42 AM
Dragonfly 7 pro
I recently installed the 7 Pro when I turn the unit on the dragonfly emblem comes up then the unit goes to a blank page with a blinking light in the upper left hand corner
then it goes back to the Dragonfly emblem page. Sometimes it goes to the accept page sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't I have to turn it off and restart the unit. Is this normal or do I need to do something different. It seems like there is a problem loading the software.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-17, 02:43 PM
RE: Dragonfly 7 pro
Hello RL56,

Do you have a chart card installed in the card reader? If you do, remove the card and try to power on the display. If the display powers on properly, try another chart card. If another chart card does not cause your problem, then you have a bad chart card. If you do not have a chart card installed, or the unit performs the same way with another chart card installed, then you may have a hardware fault with your DF7 PRO.

- Dave
08-10-17, 09:02 AM
Dave,

I removed the chart card and downloaded the version 12.10 software update.
Here are the results.
1 Dragonfly page
2 Blank screen
3 Dragonfly page
4 Blank screen with flashing in upper left hand corner
5 Dragonfly Page
6 Approximately 30 seconds later the accept page

I have the beep selection turned on but there is no beep when I touch the keys
I don't believe this is correct what do I need to do? If I need to ship it back what do I need to send with it and what is the process for returning the product to be repaired?
08-10-17, 04:22 PM
Hello RL56,

Thank you for the detailed description of the operation. This helped me understand what you are experiencing much better. With the first description, I thought the display kept showing the Raymarine splash screen, then an accept screen, and back to the Raymarine splash screen without ever allowing you to use the product. That being said, what you have described is normal operation. The Dragonfly OS will load the splash screen multiple times as it is loading different portions of the OS. As long as you are able to use the product as it is intended after the unit goes through its power on process you have nothing to worry about. However, the key beep should be working if you have it on. My apologies for misunderstanding your original post.

- Dave
08-10-17, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-17 01:26 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I was told this morning by customer support that something is wrong and that I needed to send it in for repair. That is what I did about 2 hours ago with the cost of $18 postage and insurance. If the beep is all that is wrong I can live with that but it is a little late as it is on it's way to the repair center.
08-14-17, 01:27 PM
RL56,

Should you have shipped the product and no longer desire to have it serviced, it is recommended that Raymarine's Product Repair Center be contacted at 603.324.7900 to cancel the repair.