Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrading an RL70C Plus
08-11-17, 11:22 AM
Upgrading an RL70C Plus
Hello
I currently have a 2003 RL70C Plus Pathfinder unit and a DSM 250 Digital Sounder Module connected to a M260 In Hull Transducer.
I want to upgrade the RL70C but to continue with the existing DSM Digital Sounder Module and current In Hull Transducer, if at all possible. I use the unit mostly as a depth sounder, but I also have the C Map NT+ for Bermuda in it.

Can you please advise what current Raymarine MFD units would be compatible with the existing DSM and In Hull Transducer and the best place to get it in the US?

Most of my fishing is done in 35 to 80 fathoms of water with some marlin fishing in deeper water too.

With my current set up I get good bottom readings down to 150 fathoms but the refresh rate on the screen is a little slow and sometimes when the system loses the bottom it takes a moment or two to reacquire it. The screen also has some sun damage from the years of use. I am hoping that the upgrade to the MFD will help address that.

I’d appreciate your advice.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-17, 02:33 PM
RE: Upgrading an RL70C Plus
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum bermudablue,

Raymarine is currently selling the a/c/eS/gS-Series MFDs. The recently introduced Axiom MFDs and Axiom Pro MFDs will be replacing the a-Series MFDs and c/eS-Series MFDs respectively. If seeking to utilize the very latest generation of MFDs, then an Axiom MFD or Axiom Pro MFD would be recommended.

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing replacing a Pathfinder Series MFD with an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD ... suggest an eS75 MFD

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing replacing a Pathfinder Series MFD with an Axiom MFD ... suggest an Axiom 7 w/optional RMK-10 remote keypad

In both cases, it would be necessary to replace the DSM250 with a CP370 Sounder Module. The currently installed M260 may be retained for use with the new system. As indicated within the previously referenced FAQs, should a a radome or open array radar be currently installed, then it will also need to be replaced along with its cable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply