Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To a67 or not to a67 that is the question.
06-05-18, 01:49 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-18 09:54 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: To a67 or not to a67 that is the question.
James,

Less technical manuals for products requiring GPS dater will refer to a product's NMEA 0183 IN+ (VE+) lead/terminal as GPS+ or GPS IN+. Similarly these manuals will refer to a product's NMEA 0183 IN- (VE-) lead/terminal as GPS- or GPS IN-. In such cases,
- the red (VE+ / OUT+) lead of the Raymarine cable should be connected to the GPS+ / GPS IN+ lead of the VHF radio; and
- the yellow (VE- / OUT-) lead of the Raymarine cable should be connected to the GPS+ / GPS IN+ lead of the VHF radio.

Unfortunately, I was unable to locate the manual for your Uniden VHF radio online and accordingly cannot specify which colors Uniden has chosen for its GPS IN+ and GPS IN- leads. I suggest that you locate your Uniden VHF radio's instruction manual or contact Uniden Support to determine which colors Uniden has chosen for its GPS IN+ and GPS IN- leads. Should the Uniden support technician not be able to provide this information, then ask them to send you a link to the VHF radio's user's guide. Should you then respond with this link, then I may be able to identify the colors of the Uniden VHF radio's leads to be used.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: To a67 or not to a67 that is the question. - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-05-18 01:49 PM