Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lighthouse 3 hiding waypoints?
08-12-17, 04:29 PM
Lighthouse 3 hiding waypoints?
This past week, we did a trip involving a twisty river route, with many waypoints. Before going, we set up the route to follow. It was very useful.

However, next, we wanted to hide the route so it didn't clutter up the display. There is a hide option for the route, but it only hides the route itself, not the associated waypoints. Since there were a fair number of them, hiding them one by one was inconvenient.

I wonder if I'm missing some feature that makes this easier?

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-17, 02:52 PM
RE: Lighthouse 3 hiding waypoints?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum chesley,

As you have suggested, commanding a route to be hidden will cause the route's leg lines to be hidden, but its waypoints will remain on the screen. You will find that the command sequence MENU->WAYPOINTS, ROUTES, AND TRACKS->SHOW/HIDE (WAYPOINTS)->HIDE ALL will hide all of the waypoints via a single command.
08-16-17, 04:22 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-17 07:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Yes, I did notice that option. But what happens when I later want to re-show the route, including the waypoints? Does "show route" also show the associated waypoints?
08-17-17, 07:34 AM
chesley,

Q1. Does "show route" also show the associated waypoints?
A1. Yes. As waypoints may be common to more than one route, hiding a route will not automatically hide the route's waypoints.
06-29-20, 02:20 PM
You can go into the setup mode and check not to show waypoint names. This clears up a LOT of clutter.