Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big red track line GS95
07-08-17, 11:17 AM
Photo Big red track line GS95
I have a GS95 with Navionics charts. It suddenly started leaving a bog red track line (see photo attached) although the leave track option is turned off. I cannot find how to turn off that horrible line. Can anybody help me? Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-17, 02:03 PM
RE: Big red track line GS95
You have SonarChart Live turned on. This is creating charts on the fly. To turn this off you need to go to Menu >Presentation > Depths & Contours > Sonar
Logs and turn them off.
07-13-17, 10:15 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-17 03:02 PM by Dave - Raymarine - Moderator.)
is it possible to leave the Sonar Live turned on (I would like to records sonar logs and generate chart updates) without leaving this incredible thick red line?

Thank you very much!!!
07-14-17, 03:20 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-17 03:40 PM by Dave - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hello Fernandezdiego,

The red you are seeing is a showing the area is beyond the "Minimum safe depth" threshold you set for your boat details. If you change your minimum safe depth to 2', the red should go away in any waters more than 2'. However, BE CAREFUL if you leave this setting on the display, it will NOT warn you if you venture into shallow waters until you are less than 2'.

- Dave
08-05-17, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-17 04:32 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Following your instructions I'not leaving the big red line anymore! Thank you very much! My next question is....the big red lines I've left in the past are still in my charts. Is there anyway of removing them? Thanks!!!
08-16-17, 07:48 AM
Fernandezdiego,

Would it be possible to have you perform a screen capture of the MFD's screen when exhibiting the reported symptom assist in visualizing the symptom reported? The screen capture file may then be added to a response to this thread.