Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Es128 Chirp down vision issue
08-16-17, 10:23 AM
Es128 Chirp down vision issue
Having an issue with my downvision. I have a es128 and cpt100 ducer, chirp is working fine but when I get to any kind of depth, you can't see the downvision image- why? I'm talking like 20ft +. It is so faint it doesn't show up on the screen then disappears altogether. MFD has uddated software v19.03. Ev150/a dsm300(w/separate p66)/hd radar/sr150/ all connected as well.

I add d a photo- this is with all settings on auto. I did try manually changing gain/sensitivity/ zoom/range etc with zero improvement.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-17, 10:37 AM
RE: Es128 Chirp down vision issue
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bill,

The symptoms which you have described are very odd indeed. A screen snapshot would indeed be helpful. Before taking the screen snapshot, I would recommend configuring the MFD to display two fishfinder panes (one configured to display 200kHz sonar from the DSM and the other to display DownVision). I recommend that screen snapshots be taken when operating of flat bottom and that another be taken when operating over structure. Please note that the vessel must be moving at trolling speed to display detailed DownVision imaging.
08-16-17, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-17 07:35 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I've attached pictures of different scenarios....
08-17-17, 07:46 AM
Bill,

The first photo shows normal operation for a sounder which had been configured to manual range. Changing to auto range or manually decreasing the range will show more of the water column. Within the second photo, clearly nothing is being plotted with the DownVision pane. Was this problem observed initially when the vessel was being propelled at a speed above trolling speed? Within the third photo, the left portion of the High CHIRP sonar does not appear to be as sensitive in plotting organics suspended above the bottom. However, the right side of the High CHIRP sonar plot is displaying the organics. What was the speed of the vessel when this snapshot was taken, and were any sensitivity adjustments made to cause the organics to be display on the right side of the plot?
08-17-17, 01:42 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-17 01:46 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
The problem seemed to be in all conditions at depths greater than about 20/25ft. anchored, trolling or at running speed. These shots were taken at low to no speed but are an accurate representation of what it does anytime it is deeper than like 20ft. first the downvision bottom shows very faint (like you need to turn up the brightness in the bottom return) then it seems to disappear all together.
08-17-17, 01:48 PM
Bill,

I would recommend that you verify that the CPT-100 has not released from its locked position. If so and the problem persists, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.