Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installed new ACU-100 unit
08-19-17, 05:18 PM
Installed new ACU-100 unit
I was struck by lighting and it took out my ACU-100 unit for the EV-1 wheel pilot. after replacing it I get the "NO PILOT" alarm. The ACU-100 shows solid green light. Also the p70 control head reads the compass. Until I send power to the new ACU-100 then it loses compass reading and I get the alarm. Any Ideas? Do I need a new seatalk backbone cable too? I even replaced the backbone and terminator.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-17, 10:12 AM
RE: Installed new ACU-100 unit
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum ImKansa,

Should the EV-1 CCU be operational, then incompatible versions of software within the ACU and EV-1 Sensor Core may cause the reported issue. In such cases, it is recommended that the SeaTalkng backbone be we reduced to the MFD and one of the three Evolution autopilot components (EV-1/2, ACU-100/150/200/400, p70/p70S/p70R/p70RS). The software within the connected Evolution autopilot component would then be updated with the latest available Raymarine product software updates. After update the Evolution autopilot component's software, it should be disconnected from the SeaTalkng backbone to permit the next Evolution autopilot component to be connected and to have its software updated. This process should be continued until the software within all three Evolution autopilot components has been updated.

Should your system not feature a MFD having a SeaTalkng communications interface, then please click here to view a FAQ addressing alternative means of updating the software within the Evolution autopilot components.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply