Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Operation of Axiom with RMK 10
08-14-17, 12:41 PM
Operation of Axiom with RMK 10
I have two Axiom 12s installed and reluctantly found that touch is not ideal when en route.
I am minded to buy one RMK 10 to begin with but am worried that I will not be able to move the cursor and select easily. This is based on iOS Raycontrol and 3.1 Lighthouse where the rotary control does not move the cursor but just adjusts zoom.
Is the a video showing the operation to put my mind at rest?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-15-17, 09:25 AM (This post was last modified: 08-15-17 09:26 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Operation of Axiom with RMK 10
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum organum,

Operation of the RMK-9/10 can in no way be likened to that of the RayControl app. Control an Axiom MFD via a RMK-10 is as responsive and complete as one would experience using the keypad of a Axiom Pro MFD. The RMK-9/10 can be extremely useful for applications where the MFD's screen is routinely wet during periods of operation or where vessel motions is too violent to permit precise interaction with a touchscreen. I have a RMK-9 on my own vessel and have found it to be tremendously helpful when needing to interact with the MFD when operating in rough conditions and/or at planing speeds.
08-21-17, 10:30 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-17 08:11 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks. I have ordered one.
I would question that violent motions are the only problem. For this user anything but the smoothest conditions is a problem with simple stuff like go to cursor.
08-22-17, 08:11 AM
You're welcome and thanks for the comment.