Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Axion for existing parts
08-25-17, 08:57 AM
New Axion for existing parts
Hi Chuck,

I, like most of us, have functional equipment(radar, transom, multifunction, etc) and would like to upgrade the existing multifunction, will it be possible for the to upgrade to an Axion multifunction with the existing products on my boat?
GPS mod 125
DSM 300 sounder
2kw radome 24mn w/15m
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-25-17, 02:44 PM
RE: New Axion for existing parts
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bruno,

What model of MFD is this equipment presently interfaced to? What specific model of Raymarine 18" 2kW Radome do you own?
08-27-17, 03:36 PM (This post was last modified: 08-28-17 09:35 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I'm using a C80 at the moment, the radome I cannot inform you, as it does not show on the invoice, but it was bought in 2008.
08-28-17, 09:42 AM (This post was last modified: 08-28-17 10:04 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bruno,

Of the items which you have listed, the GPS sensor and transducer may adapted for use with the Axiom MFDs DV and Axiom RV MFDs. Doing so would support chartplotter / 600W 50kHz/200kHz fishfinder features. Adding a compatible radome and CP370 (if the presently installed transducer is a 1kW or 2kW design) to the system would then add radar and 1kW 50kHz/200kHz fishfinding capability to the system. Should RealVision 3D fishfinder additionally features be desired, then an Axiom RV MFD would be recommended and the vessel may additionally be fitted with an Axiom RV transducer. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing replacement of a C-Series Classic MFD with an Axiom MFD.