Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error deleting a waypoint file
08-26-17, 10:31 AM
Error deleting a waypoint file
I have been using the PC at home to create Waypoint files (about 1,000 waypoints in the Gulf of Mexico). It has been working fine up to this last week. I have three waypoint GPX files stored on a compatible SD card with different labels. I go into the DATA screen, select the current waypoint file on the system and try to delete all 1,000 waypoints and it responds with an error. Can you give me a clue what I am doing wrong. I also tried to delete the waypoint file from the CHART - WAYPOINT pull down menu.

Thanks for any advice
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-17, 04:03 PM
RE: Error deleting a waypoint file
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Semnet,

For clarification purposes, please attach a screen snapshot showing the reported error message. Please additionally specify what version of software is presently installed within your MFD.
12-03-17, 07:33 AM
Hi Chuck
I really need help now. Just to bring you up to date on my configuration. I have to e97 networked with a Raynet cable. Both have the same software, updated last Spring. I have set up the E97 dedicated to Sonar or fishfinder as the data master. We have been having issues downloading todays waypoints on and off. The waypoint export has been corrupted and could not be downloaded into Voyage Planner. I sent the files to Sheldon and he fixed them so that they would work. So yesterday I went to the boat with two 32GB Sandisk SD cards with a new set of 1000+ waypoints all in one folder that I named MyCollection 20171127. First I erased all waypoint. I put the new SD card into the Sonar SD2 slot. I went to data and selected import waypoints and selected the new waypoint file and it started to download. It went about half way through the download and said it one of the waypoint names ("18s Reef 01") already existed in the list and gave me three selections. Note I check the waypoints on voyage Planner and there is only one "18s Reef 01". I selected all three choices at three different attempts to download, do not copy, copy and replace, copy as a new waypoint. All three choices resulted in the same error message, SD2 busy. I waiting about a minute and the SD2 busy remained. I exited the download and only half of the waypoints were downloaded. Maybe I should have waited longer? I think the e97 is an older processor technology and found some things take longer than I would expected. I have attached screen capture images of the messages. Let me know what you think or you have seen this before or recommend what I can do to fix this? If you need more screen shots, let me know. Oh, one more piece of important information, I have a folder called "My Collection" on the system and I left it exist on the e97 the first number of times that I tried to import the new waypoint files and then deleted the "My Collection" folder thinking it was a naming issue.

Best Regards,
Steve
12-04-17, 03:42 PM
Steve,

Please respond with a post to which you have attached the problematic GPX file(s).
12-05-17, 08:41 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-17 09:48 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Chuck
Here is the GPX file
Thanks
Steve
12-05-17, 10:42 AM
Steve,

I have inspected the contents of the GPX file using GPS Utility (other products, including some that are freeware may be downloaded from the Internet for such purposes) and have found that some of the constraints specified here have been violated. Specifically, several waypoints feature comments using special characters, the waypoint "FishHaven 14" appears twice within the GPX file, and waypoints "BELIZEQUEEN - BOB RAY REEF", "EAST POSSIBLE MOUND", "FUNNEL 165 FTSPOT", "FUNNEL 165 SNAPP1", and several others have names exceeding the specified 16 character limit. You will need to modify your waypoint data to eliminate all occurrences of constraint violations.
12-06-17, 07:07 AM
Hi Chuck
I will do, thanks
I thought, wrongly, that the importing software would have truncated long strings and would have thrown away duplicated. Now that I know this is the case, I will fix. A better error message would have allowed me to figure this out, like an error that said waypoint name exceeds 16 characters.

Thanks for the help.I will let you know how it comes out.

Steve
12-06-17, 09:07 AM
You're welcome.