Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autopilot selection recomendation
06-20-17, 12:15 PM (This post was last modified: 06-20-17 12:57 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Autopilot selection recomendation
How about connections between control head course computer and mfd? Will I have to buy some kind of adapter or will the connection between computer and mfd be hard wired and not necessitate a cable change?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-17, 01:08 PM
mauruuru,

We're starting to get a bit off topic here. However, that said, like the Evolution autopilot components (EV-1 Sensor Core, ACU-150, p70S), your MFD has a SeaTalkng communications port which would enable it to be interfaced as a spur to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone. The Evolution autopilot packages typically include SeaTalkng networking components to create a SeaTalkng backbone having four spur sockets. An additional spur socket would need to be added to the backbone to accommodate interfacing the MFD to the backbone. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
08-28-17, 03:07 PM
I purchased a Wheel Pilot pack in the spring with EV1, P70 and ACU 100 which has worked perfectly on my 1963 Dyer 29 power boat. I am going to upgrade to a 2003 Legacy 28 with hydraulic steering. Can I still use the ACU100 and P70 with the appropriate hydraulic pump? Interface is to new Axiom 9.
08-28-17, 04:06 PM
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Randy,

The answer to your question will be dependent upon the model of hydraulic drive which will be installed. The latter is in turn dependent upon the cubic capacity of the vessel's steering ram. If supplied with the cubic capacity of the vessel's steering ram, then it may be possible to respond to your original question.
09-05-17, 11:53 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-17 09:41 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Took a little digging because the actual cylinder is well hidden in the lazarette..
The cylinder is an Seastar HC5312 1.25" bore with 7.2 cu in volume.
09-06-17, 10:00 AM
Randy,

Given the cubic capacity of the autopilot course computer a Type 1 Hydraulic Pump would be required. Should the vessel feature a 12V power system, then it would be recommended that the EV-150 Hydraulic Autopilot be used. The key differences between the EV-150 and EV-100 Hydraulic Autopilots are the Type 1 Hydraulic Pump vs. the Type 0.5 Hydraulic Pump and the ACU-150 (required for use with a Type 1 Hydraulic Pump) vs. the ACU-100. The EV-1 CCU, p70 Autopilot Control Head, and SeaTalk networking components may be retained for use with the EV-150 ACU.
09-06-17, 11:41 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-17 10:37 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you Chuck. I will look into sourcing those components. Appreciate the insight.
09-07-17, 10:36 AM
You're welcome.