Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
B&G MFD to Raymarine AP
08-31-17, 01:57 PM
RE: B&G MFD to Raymarine AP
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Chuck,

Q1. I do know to try and research the forums for answers first.
A1. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q2.I have B&G Hydra 2000 FFD, B&G collection instruments, B&G analogue gauges, Raymarine E80 MFD w/4k radar and a Raymarine ST7001 AP with linear drive and gyro. This is what I inherited when I bought my boat. What I think I want. Keep all but replace MFD with Zeus 3 w/4G radar. Big question. Can my MFD control the AP?
A2. While it would not be possible to command the autopilot into AUTO, TRACK, and STANDBY modes, it should be possible to command navigation via the MFD (ex. Go To a Waypoint / Cursor position or Follow Route) and then to use ST7001 to command the autopilot into Track Mode. All other control of the autopilot must be performed via the autopilot's control head. As both the autopilot and B&G Zeus 3 each feature support for NMEA 0183 communications, it would be recommended that the NMEA 0183 output port of the B&G Zeus 3 (see the [url=https://bandg.com/downloads/zeus-3-install-manual/[/url]) to the autopilot course computer's NMEA 0183 IN1 terminals using an appropriate length of marine grade twisted pair signal cable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
B&G MFD to Raymarine AP - chuck1 - 08-31-17, 12:03 PM
RE: B&G MFD to Raymarine AP - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-31-17 01:57 PM