Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom AIS
09-10-17, 02:38 PM
Axiom AIS
Hi
I have a new Axiom system and am trying to get the AIS data from my Standard Horizon GX2200 to my MFD. I noted in another thread that I had to purchase a Actisense NGW-1-ISO AIS which I have acquired. However I don't seem to be able to get it work.

I notice I have no AIS icon on the top right hand corner of my screen. Is there somewhere I need to activate the AIS function?

Can you assist at all with this?

Ken
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-17, 09:53 AM
RE: Axiom AIS
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Ken,

Devices having NMEA 2000 communications interfaces are not designed be directly interfaced to one another. Instead, each device is intended to be interfaced as a spur to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Most Raymarine customers will create the NMEA 2000 backbone using SeaTalkng networking components. Should the products have been so interfaced, then it is recommended that you verify that you have updated your Axiom MFD with the latest available Raymarine product software updates. If so, then the Axiom MFD should automatically show AIS targets as the default setting and its AIS Target List will include them if the MFD is receiving data from the NMEA 2000 AIS data source. Should AIS transceiver be listing targets and the MFD's Chart application and its AIS Target List not show targets, then it would be recommended that an NMEA 2000 analyzer be interfaced to the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to determine whether PGNs containing AIS data are present, and it not to then verify your connections between the third party AIS transceiver and the Actisense NGW-1-ISO-AIS. You may want to consider contacting the third party AIS transceiver manufacturer and/or Actisense for further guidance on interfacing / troubleshooting the NGW-1 / third party AIS transceiver connections / operation should the PGNs containing AIS data not be detected by the NMEA 2000 analyzer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply