Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fluxgate
09-07-17, 08:33 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-17 11:00 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
fluxgate
I have a SPX30 autopilot interfaced to my C80. For the most part it works great. The only issue is the heading from the fluxgate gets messed up. I doesnt align with the COG or the fluid compass. I have to re-align it every time.

Could this be a sign that the fluxgate is going bad? 5 to 10 degrees off I can live with but sometimes its over 40. All are on magnetic north.

thanks
bill
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-17, 11:00 AM
RE: fluxgate
Bill,

This could indeed be an indicator that the fluxgate is failing or that the autopilot course computer is failing. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to test the fluxgate compass. Should testing not indicate a failure of the fluxgate compass, then it would be recommended that the autopilot course computer be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
09-07-17, 02:20 PM
Chuck,
thanks, I will check on flexgate. If I wanted to upgrade to the evolution AP would that me compatible with my C80 and the existing linear drive that I have? Is so, would I still get all the benefits of the evolution with the older MFD?
09-08-17, 07:49 AM
bfiegener,

Q1. If I wanted to upgrade to the evolution AP would that me compatible with my C80 and the existing linear drive that I have? Is so, would I still get all the benefits of the evolution with the older MFD?
A1. Please click here to view your other thread in which I had addressed this question.