Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
System add on
09-16-17, 09:19 AM
System add on
Okay so I have a78 with radar no wifi
I would like to get a bigger screen in my wheelhouse a128?
Then move the a78 to my fly bridge
I am looking to install a b275 transducer with a cp450
What do you think
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-19-17, 11:11 AM
RE: System add on
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Theman772,

Your plan to add / move MFDs and add the CP470 w/B275LH-W is indeed valid.
09-20-17, 06:14 PM (This post was last modified: 09-21-17 08:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Would a es128 be better than the a128? So what model would I need to get the chirp one?
09-21-17, 08:23 AM (This post was last modified: 09-21-17 01:23 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Theman772,

Any model of a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD will support high power CHIRP sonar when interfaced to a CP470, CP570, or CP450C (retired) which in turn has been interfaced to a compatible CHIRP transducer such as the one which you have listed. As the c/e-Series MFDs are now retired, the choice of which MFD to purchase would typically come down to screen size and choice of touch screen vs HybridTouch (touch screen plus button interface). The latter would typically be recommended for those applications where the vessel is subjected to rough, slamming conditions where interaction with a touch screen may be more challenging. The latter would also be recommended if the MFD will be installed in a location where it will be exposed to wet operating conditions (touch screen performance may adversely affected when the screen is wet during operation). Please click here to view a FAQ addressing what differentiates the a, c, e, and eS-Series MFDs from one another.

I believe that you identified during our phone conversation that the a78 MFD is presently interfaced to a radome. As the a6x/a7x/e7x/and eS7X MFDs feature only one Ethernet Network communications port and the larger a/c/e/eS-Series MFDs feature two Ethernet Network communications ports, and three devices requiring Ethernet communications will need to be interfaced to one another, it will be necessary to install an A80007 HS5 RayNet Network Switch to network the equipment. The Digital Radar Cable will be disconnected from the a78 MFD and will instead be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch. Each MFD and the CP450C will each also be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.
09-21-17, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 09-21-17 09:11 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Okay so they all have chirp capability (for some reason down vision or chirp)
I have a cp450 the a series was the only one that mentioned the CP 450
09-21-17, 09:21 AM (This post was last modified: 09-21-17 01:24 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Theman772,

Per our phone conversation, the CP450C is compatible with the a-Series MFD which you own and with the MFDs which you are considering. High power CHIRP sonar will only be supported by the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs when they have been interfaced to a CP470, CP570, or CP450C (retired) CHIRP Sounder Module which in turn has been interfaced a compatible high power CHIRP transducer, such as the one you have specified. As indicated within the previously referenced FAQ, the ax8 MFDs and eSx8 MFDs feature internal low power CHIRP (conical) / DownVision circuity permitting them to be directly mated to a compatible DownVision transducer (also supports low power conical CHIRP (25 degree)) or CPT-S CHIRP only (low power conical (25 degree)) transducer. The transducer which you have referenced cannot be directly mated to the transducer socket of an ax8 or eSx8 MFD, but may be mated to the transducer socket of a CP470, CP570, or CP450C (retired).
09-25-17, 11:30 AM (This post was last modified: 09-25-17 11:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck your the man
We talked about this I would like to be able to hook up my unit at home
I need to get a battery? And a power cable?

Theman772,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing powering an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD or Dragonfly off of the boat. As indicated within the referenced FAQ, it would typically be recommended that a 12VDC power supply rather than battery be used for this purpose.

The part number for an a78 MFD's Power Cable is R70159. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing where one may purchase parts for Raymarine products.
10-18-17, 06:59 PM
Okay I got a a128 how do I register it ?
I also need the part number for the trunion bracket
Sorry I didn't see the privet message you sent
10-23-17, 10:53 AM (This post was last modified: 10-23-17 10:54 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Theman772,

The part number for an a12x MFD's trunion mount kit is R70309. To register your products, simply click on the "Register Your Products Now" link on Raymarine's Register Your Raymarine Products web page.
11-15-17, 05:16 PM (This post was last modified: 11-16-17 09:42 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Okay I think I have everything I need except cables
I have 1 cable from my radar
Radar cable into a128 RayNet cable from a128 to a78
Transducer cable into cp450 then transducer cable from cp450 to @128
You had talked about needing a switch but with the 2 ports on the a128 I don’t think I need the switch