The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EV-150 issues
09-16-17, 12:49 PM
EV-150 issues
I upgraded my auto pilot this spring to a EV-150. I installed the p70Rs on my console in between my 2 e7D MFDs. I did the commissioning and the Dockside wizard. I also did the linearization of the EV1.
My first trip out the auto pilot did not work, so I went back and repeated the commissioning and dockside wizard. I made sure that I had the latest software for all the components in my Raymarine system.
Second trip, I was able to get the auto pilot to track to a cursor or waypoint on my MFD--Yeah success!! Then I noticed as we were trolling, that the screen on my MFD that had the fishfinder displayed, there was interference on the screen (similar to 60cyle interference). I turned the ACU off and powered down the p70Rs control head, and the interference stopped.
Third trip last week--The boat cursor on the chartplotter screen showed us moving in a diagonal direction, not in a bow forward direction. I turned on the p70Rs controller and noticed that the course heading was about 50 degrees different than my compass. I shut down the control head, but the diagonal tracking persisted on the chartplotter.

My questions are:
1) Do I need to remount the p70Rs control head in a different location?? I really have no other place to install it. The instructions don't mention interference from MFDs as being an issue. ( I have attached a picture of the current console configuration)

2) How do I get the boat heading to return to a bow forward course on the chart plotter? Do I need to do redo the linearization process? Do I need to lock the compass afterwards?? Is that also why there is a difference between my compass heading and that displayed on my p70Rs and the MFD displays?
Thanks for your advice. I have been pretty frustrated since the installation and really have not been able to use this auto pilot for fishing this whole season.
Steve A
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
EV-150 issues - stevea - 09-16-17 12:49 PM
RE: EV-150 issues - stevea - 09-21-17, 02:30 PM
RE: EV-150 issues - stevea - 09-21-17, 07:35 PM
RE: EV-150 issues - Oregoncme - 09-21-17, 10:03 PM