Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EV-150 issues
09-21-17, 02:30 PM
RE: EV-150 issues
Chuck,
Thanks for the reply. I was able to get over to where the boat is stored and tried to verify the answers to some of your questions.
-The transducer cable is on its own, no bundling there.
-The electrical leads are all done according to the installation manual.
-I installed all the ferrites as per the ACU instructions.
I can only think that the cables are in a relatively confined area in the center console as to create interference.
The MFDs are installed in the upper portion of the center console in the electronics "box" that Boston Whaler had in their consoles. The ACU is mounted vertically inside the center console approximately 24" below where the MFDs are mounted. (This was the location of my prior Raymarine Auto Pilot Control Unit).

Q2-I checked the deviation from the menu and it is at 40* (degrees). As stated above, the ACU is mounted inside the center console on the aft aspect of the console. The EV-1 core is mounted on the inside of the center console, center position on the forward aspect of the console. There is where the fluxgate was previously mounted.

I will go through all the wiring one more time and make sure everything is separated properly and verify none of the ferrites have moved. I am awondering with that sort of deviation in the control head, if I should start over (factory reset) then proceed with the Dockside Wizard and the linearization, and then lock the compass.
I am reaching the end of my pay-grade capabilities, so it may mean a service call to the electronics shop if I can can a appointment.
Thanks for your help.
Steve
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
EV-150 issues - stevea - 09-16-17, 12:49 PM
RE: EV-150 issues - stevea - 09-21-17 02:30 PM
RE: EV-150 issues - stevea - 09-21-17, 07:35 PM
RE: EV-150 issues - Oregoncme - 09-21-17, 10:03 PM