Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E125/External GPS
09-18-17, 10:41 AM
E125/External GPS
I have an E125 and a Raymarine external GPS antenna. Both were installed new by Catalina at the factory. I cannot find a reference to the external GPS so I don't know for sure which model was installed. However, for some reason, my E125 will not recognize it. The installation was done in the Fall of 2015. I have provided a photograph of the external GPS antenna. Are there steps or diagnostics I can execute on the E125 to access the external GPS antenna? While everything is still under warranty, I don't want to trouble a Raymarine certified group for something this simple if it is something I can do as a user.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-18-17, 01:16 PM
RE: E125/External GPS
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Keobrie,

Please note that no photos have been attached to this thread. You may want to consider adding photos to a follow-up post to this thread. It is recommended that you attempt to address the problem first by ensuring that the software within all Raymarine products has been updated with the latest available Raymarine product software updates. In 2015, it would have been expected that a Raystar 130 GPS Sensor would have been installed. If after updating the software in all devices and having commanded the MFD to use the Raystar 130 GPS Sensor (assumed) as the system's GPS data source (HOME->MENU->SYSTEM-SET-UP->DATA SOURCES->GPS) should the problem persist, then please command your MFD to produce a Diagnostics...html file and attach it, along with a photo of the system's GPS sensor, to this thread for further analysis.
09-18-17, 01:58 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-17 02:03 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck: Just figured out the issue with the lack of attachment, the photo file was too large. I cropped it and its small enough now and I've attached it to this response. Please confirm this is a Raystar 130 GPS sensor if you can.

Next time I'm onboard, I will execute the requested steps and provide the requested information. I'm pretty sure that when I attempted to execute HOME->MENU->SYSTEM-SET-UP->DATA SOURCES->GPS the Raystar 130 did not appear. Assuming this is correct, is there anything else I can try to make sure the Diagnostics...html is useful?

Kev
09-18-17, 02:02 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-17 09:40 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Kev,

The pictured device is not a Raymarine GPS sensor. Were I to venture a guess, it may be a the GPS antenna (not to be confused with a GPS Sensor) for an AIS650. The GPS position determined by the AIS650 is then broadcast with its AIS RF transmissions. Please note that the AIS650 is not designed to supply the system with GPS data.
09-18-17, 02:33 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-17 04:11 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Oh geez ... that might begin to explain why it isn't showing up ... stay tuned ... I have to reach out to Catalina to figure out what they put on the boat ... they assured me it was pure Raymarine. I remember them saying "we'll give you a hockey puck" ...