Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eS Display Blank (but can hear beep when button pushed)
09-29-17, 10:33 AM
eS Display Blank (but can hear beep when button pushed)
I literally just bought an eS-75 Plotter last week and installed it. Less then two hours later the display went blank.

Power Voltage is 13Vdc. The only connections to the plotter are the power cord and the SeaTalk NG spur. The only device on the SeaTalk NG backbone is a P70 Control head. It works fine.

I have reset the power at the panel, Unplugged and replugged the power cord fully in. Always the same. Unit beeps whenever I push the power button. (I disabled the beeps in Preferences for other button pushes).

So it appears to be an issue with the plotter.

Also, owners manual states to do a factory rest by pressing the WPT/MOB button. But with a blank screen I have no idea if I am completing the reset properly. If I am I have no idea if even a reset isn't solving the problem.

I could really use some help. I already stripped the old system off my boat and need a plotter to do
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-29-17, 10:55 AM
RE: eS Display Blank (but can hear beep when button pushed)
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum cejakus,

We're sorry to learn of the reported problem. Should the loaded system voltage measured across the power pins of the display's Power Cable, and the MFD not power on as you have indicated, then it would be recommended that the Power On Factory Reset operation be commanded. This is accomplished by holding the MFD's BACK button pressed while the MFD is booting up until the Raymarine Initialization screen (a black screen with white text providing options to either Reset the MFD or Exit & Restart the MFD. Should this option not be listed or should choosing the option to Reset the MFD not correct the reported issue, then the MFD would appear to have suffered a failure. If purchased within the last 30 days, then it would be recommended that the MFD be returned to the authorized Raymarine dealer for replacement. Should the MFD have been purchased more than 30 days ago, then the MFD should be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply