Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
e95 NMEA 2000 engine alarms
09-18-17, 11:00 PM
e95 NMEA 2000 engine alarms
I have an e95 MFD, i70, p70R and SPX Autopilot. I have recently installed a Noland RS11 NMEA 2000 engine data interface. I am now able to view engine data including RPM, oil pressure, coolant temperature and fuel level on the e95 and i70 through the SeatalkNg network.

My issue is setting alarm levels. The RS11 has configuration software to calibrate the various senders and allows alarm levels to be entered. However, when the RS11 is connected to the SeatalkNg network, the alarm levels can no longer be entered. If I turn on the engine alarms on the e95, I immediately get alarms indicating low oil pressure, high water temp, etc, when all parameters are normal.

Is there any way to enter alarm values for engine data through the e95? There seems to be a conflict somehow between the RS11 and the Raymarine devices.
Unfortunately the Noland people didn't have an answer so I'm hoping someone else may.

Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-19-17, 08:36 AM
RE: e95 NMEA 2000 engine alarms
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Dylancs,

Q1. Is there any way to enter alarm values for engine data through the e95?
A1. Negative. Raymarine MFDs are merely designed to simply repeat engine data, including supported alarms.

Q2. There seems to be a conflict somehow between the RS11 and the Raymarine devices. Unfortunately the Noland people didn't have an answer so I'm hoping someone else may.
A2. This is the first such report of any such problems. You may want to consider disconnecting the MFD from the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 until programming of the engine gateway has been completed.
09-19-17, 04:37 PM (This post was last modified: 09-20-17 08:35 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck. I will give that a shot.
09-20-17, 09:07 AM
You're welcome.