Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] 400G AST, ST6001+ auto pilot system malfunctioning
09-19-17, 08:16 AM (This post was last modified: 08-28-19 10:18 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [DG11] 400G AST, ST6001+ auto pilot system malfunctioning
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Neil,

Q1) I think that the appropriate new equipment would include an EV-1 course computer, a P70S control head and an ACU-400 actuator control unit. Would this new equipment interface with the RL80C?
If so, can the new equipment be hooked directly into SeaTalk, or would they need to go through a Seattle/SeaTalkNG converter?
A1. Indeed the Evolution autopilot may be interfaced to the RL80C and a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit would be required.

Q2) My read of the 2016 Forum post entitled "Replacement for a ST6xxx, ST7xxx, or ST8xxx AutoPilot control head" is that a current generation Control Head could work with some earlier generation Course Computers. Does this work in reverse? That is, would an EV-1 be compatible with an ST60001+?
A2). Should and Evolution autopilot be installed, then the system would need to feature a p70/p70R/p70S/p70RS Autopilot Control Head. Should the vessel feature a second station, then the ST6xxx/ST7xxx/ST7xxx Autopilot Control Head may additionally be interfaced to to the system to support commanding the autopilot into/out of Auto, Track, and Standby modes.

Q3)If the answer to 2) is yes, if I purchase an EV-1, is the ACU-400 also required, or can the EV-1 operate off my existing ACU (if I indeed have one)?
A3) The 400G Autopilot Course Computer combined the functions of course computer and ACU within a single device. It is not possible to simply add the EV-1 CCU alone to your system. The required components would be each of those which you had identified in Q1.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DG11] 400G AST, ST6001+ auto pilot system malfunctioning - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-19-17 08:16 AM