Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] 400G AST, ST6001+ auto pilot system malfunctioning
10-16-17, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 08-28-19 10:20 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [DG11] 400G AST, ST6001+ auto pilot system malfunctioning
Chuck, thx again for the speedy response.

Ok, I have run through my existing system.
I have the following Seatalk “spurs” separately connecting to the existing AST400G:
1) depth transducer, seatalked to an i40 depth display, seatalked to an ST60 multidispla, seatalked to the AST400. (By my count = 3 seatalk devices).
2) wind anemometer seatalked to an ST60 wind-display, seatalked to an ST60 multidisplay, seatalked to another ST60 multidisplay, seatalked to the AST400. In addition, these displays are “spur” connected to an L760 mfd (with sonar function disabled). (Would this be 5 devices, including the mfd)
3) an RS130 gps connected to a Seatalkng/Seatalk converter, seatalk connected to the AST400. (No count as this is a Seatalkng device)
4) a Pathfinder radar, linked to an RL80C mfd, seatalked to the ST6001+ A/P controller, seatalked to the AST400. I think that the radar would not count as a Seatalk device. So would this be 1 device, being the RL80C?

So, my thinking is that I could:
- connect “spur” 1) to Seatalkng to Seatalk converter #1
- connect “spur” 2) including L760 mfd to Seatalkng to Seatalk converter #2
- connect “spur” 4) being RL80C only into to Seatalkng to Seatalk converter #3

I would then connect the new ACU400, the new EV-1, the new P70S controller, and the RS130 GPS to 4 of the 6 available Seatalkng slots, blank off the remaining 2 Seatalkng slots, connect the 3 converters with 2 seatalkng backbone cables and blank off either end of the Seatalkng “connector bus”.

Further questions/concerns:
1) Do the separately powered MFD’s/radar contravene the requirement that Seatalk devices connected to a Seatalkng bus must not be powered?
2) how do I check the s/w version for my 1 existing Seatalkng to Seatalk converter?

Apologies for the drawn-out question.
Neil
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DG11] 400G AST, ST6001+ auto pilot system malfunctioning - nscott54 - 10-16-17 03:28 PM